Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, backend and data systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science and engineering projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to Data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Build, maintain and scale efficient data infrastructure, ETL and reporting pipelines
- Work with data scientists and machine learning engineers in getting ML and deep learning models to production ready
- Investigate and research data quality and integrity from data sources
- Develop and maintain analytics platform, business intelligence and experimentation tools
- Develop and maintain scalable platform for tracking business intelligence, build for reliability and redundancy
- Manage data collection and organize the models, and also forecast the future needs
- Coach and mentor junior data engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- Fluent in Python or similar programming language
- Experience in data engineering tools like Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, Airflow, etc.
- Experience in deploying and scaling ML models. Plus point for deploying and scaling deep learning models.
- Data-driven and passionate about solving problems through data
- Inquisitive and curious to delve deep into data to investigate trends or anomalies
- Detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Keen on data technologies and picking up new skills and tools along the way
- Strong critical thinking and ability to frame issues in a logical manner