Be our best people advocate
Xendit provides payments infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other startups grow exponentially. We provide these services through world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies payments. We serve some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and international giants like Samsung.
This role comes with substantial trust and responsibility, and has a real and important impact on Xendit Operations. Our people are our heart, and they need to be happy, feel heard and stay committed to Xendit’s vision, to fuel our success.
This role’s focus will be on talent retention - how do we grow our people so they are fulfilled here. You’ll be directly involved in inducting new employees, maintaining HR-related admin, implementing real change for the betterment of our people, and coaching our entire team on a personal level. The actions, words and the decisions you make have a real impact on the future of our employees, and thus the future of the company as a whole, so you’ll be personally liable for our success.
We're looking for an experienced Human Resource Manager to look after our people in Jakarta, being their voice of reason, motivation and encouragement - making a real impact on the people of Xendit.
- Be there, and available for everyone at Xendit, as a trusted advisor, avid listener and confidant.
- Build trust and rapport with everyone at Xendit
- Connect with employees regularly on a monthly basis through 1-1’s
- Provide a ‘safe space’ for people to voice concerns confidentially
- Raise up essential feedback, tactfully, to the right people
- Engage and support new employees throughout the onboarding process
2. Increase employee engagement, motivation and commitment to Xendit's Vision
- Collect and collate HR-oriented feedback in a data-driven way
- Use this data to make valuable and high impact changes
- Initiate and drive HR initiatives regarding engagement and work-life balance
3. Take the lead on our people’s professional growth
- Map out and identify career paths for our employees
- Organise internal training sessions for new skill & leadership development
4. Own the Performance Review process
- Implement an efficient performance review and raise/bonus framework
- Coordinate 360 degree Company-wide Performance Reviews every 6 months
- Coordinate individual performance reviews on significant milestones
5. Ensure that HR paperwork and data is accurate, and up to date, always
- Issuance, collection and storage of confidentiality agreements and contracts.
- Work with stakeholders to implement best-practice HR tools and processes to:
- provide up-to-date employee data and reports, globally
- coordinate and track training schedules, globally
- automate indonesian payroll system
- make it easy for employees to record and know who is remote, or on leave
You may be a good fit if you
- have managed HR across a multicultural team
- are quick to build rapport and trust with everyone, regardless of culture, personality or country of origin
- are passionate about helping others, and will go the extra mile to make sure people feel heard and happy in their place of work
- hate gossip and are an avid protector of confidentiality
- thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- communicate well across teams
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in startups before or have scaled culture and HR rapidly (think 100% headcount growth YOY)
What we care about
- Solve for the customer (aka employee) first: You put in place what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia