We are looking for a Content Intern to share his/her content producing prowess with 99.co. This intern will assist our content team to generate buzz-worthy articles, uncover new content angles, and repackage existing content to drive and retain readership on the blog.
We are a diverse organisation of people who are passionate about constantly improving on our product by way of innovation through technology. We are also powered by a deep seated desire to be better than we were yesterday, both professionally and personally!
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Content team in generating original content for the blog and other channels when required
- Breath life into old/existing articles and repurpose them for relevancy and clarity
- Ensure that the content is search engine optimised
- Assist in production and dissemination of the 99.co email newsletters
- Conduct face to face interviews and craft compelling stories for our readers
- Conduct research for our content articles and consumer marketing initiatives where needed
The candidate should ideally have:
- Experience writing online articles; preferably have a writing portfolio (including any school assignments, news articles)
- A consummate story-teller and adapt wordsmith who thrives in a startup environment
- Basic understanding of news-writing principles
- Able to suggest story angles and pursue them to completion
- Willingness to work with tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working on property or property-related content
- Willingness to learn and do, multi-task, and be a self-starter
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp and Buffer is preferred, but not a must
- Experience with SEO or video content creation is a bonus!