Providing data-driven input
Xendit provides payments infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other startups grow exponentially. We provide these services through world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies payments. We serve some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and international giants like Samsung.
Our data team works across all areas of the business to influence our decision-making with the support of data. Our data team is responsible for creating and evaluating data models, algorithms and simulations to not only serve our internal teams, but to provide value in data to our customers and partners. This team is one where the stakes are high, with accuracy, timeliness of data, and sound interpretation has an invaluable impact on the functioning and direction of the company.
We're looking for an experienced data scientist to work across different teams to build and deliver insightful data.
- Work across multiple stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities and serve needs to leverage company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- You have experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- You have previously built data architectures
- Have at least 5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Proven ability to present/visualise data to stakeholders, and able to explain data interpretation to a variety of audience experience levels
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You’re excited by machine learning and are familiar with a variety of techniques
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a payments or high transaction volume company