Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for a creative storyteller who is both highly strategic and hands-on; an entrepreneurial big thinker who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
The Senior Communications Manager will have a strong understanding of the consumer and media landscape across Asia Pacific and will lead, formulate, execute, and sustain the communications strategy for Carousell; making use of multiple earned and owned media channels. This professional ideally loves technology and is motivated by the desire to connect people to amazing content.
This Communications Manager will have experience working in multi-cultural and fast-paced environments. He or she will be a self starter but also perform well in teams. Success in this role requires close partnership with business counterparts including marketing, community, brand, design, product and business teams; translating business goals into media strategies that will protect and advance our mission.
An understanding of the intersection between PR/ Comms and Social Media within the digital landscape is key.
- Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and different kinds of influencers on behalf of Carousell
- Have strong media relationships and network in the region -- ability and willingness to pick up phone and work the press relationships they have - so that they can influence
- Be a consultant, influencer and strategic thought partner to senior leadership and business partners to understand business/audience needs and proactively shape communication strategies
- Be confident and creative in their writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer press releases and everything in between
- Be fluent in social media and marketing in order to partner effectively with these groups on campaigns and provide insight to different internal local teams on potential PR opportunities around Content Marketing initiatives
- 7+ years communications & PR experience - mix of agency and in-house preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to inspire partnering comms/ PR agencies to deliver results
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in Chinese or Malay to help our offices in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan on their communications
A particular interest with broad knowledge of e-commerce, pop culture and lifestyle trends