Engineers at Homage build things that matter – Homage is redefining in-home caregiving for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and caregivers we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects. We move fast, have fun and help each other out. Mobile is a critical component of both our core operations as well as users’ experience.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to the server side. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on a flexible basis to provide recipients with home nursing care and assistance with daily activities. Homage works with both private clients and public organisations alike to provide home and community-based healthcare.
We’re looking for engineers with a proven track record of building and shipping Android mobile application with high standards, and a solid user-focus and product sense. You’ll have direct influence in shaping very early stages of a product that has enormous potential to transform a huge, antiquated market.
- Ownership in software engineering mobile products and projects
- Working closely with the product management and API engineering teams in sprints to deliver features
- Create deeply loved products for the families and care pros we work with from design to launch
- Work with the design and product management team to help set priorities and build the right things in the right way
- Focus on shipping quality code; supports the engineering team to continuously improve our tech stack, tools and processes
- 3+ years of app experience in Android Development
- You’re capable of owning projects and working closely with other engineers to build exceptional mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience and love for delivering the best user experience on mobile
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant Android development experience).
- Built apps which supports from Android API level 19 and up.
- Experience in working with Fragments, AppCompat support libraries and Google play services.
- Experience in working with external libraries Glide, Retrofit2 and ButterKnife.
- Knowledge on Gradle and configuring build variants and tasks.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- You have a ready portfolio of the mobile development work you’ve done and proud to showcase your work.
What We Care About
- Passion and interest in mobile technology and pushing to change the status quo as well as making an impact.
- Comfort with a startup's lack of structure and quick pace
- Getting things done
- Communication skills
- Initiative and creativity
- Desire to learn
What we don't care about
- Fancy credentials
- "Rock-Stars", "All-Stars", or "Ninjas"
- Specific schools