Are you passionate about impactful products that people love and that make a real difference in people’s lives? Are you a growth-oriented and communicative person who’s entrepreneurial at heart and loves working in fast paced environments? Do you want to be an early employee at a well-funded startup where you can make a huge difference?
Your work at Homage will directly impact and improve the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (product managers, engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on an on-demand basis to provide recipients with home nursing care, assistance with daily activities and therapy services. Homage works with both private clients and public organizations to provide high quality care to seniors.
The Strategy & Business Development Associate must be an energetic and resourceful self-starter who can quickly grasp a startup company’s vision, develop specific tactical plans and begin implementation upon appropriate approvals. The Associate is responsible for building sales by contacting and building relationships with new and existing clients, conducts market research and explores new business opportunities, analyze business competition and maintain corporate contact lists.
- Lead Generation: Source and evaluate potential business and corporate opportunities. Generate new B2B business using direct outreach; phone and email. Qualify new potentials to ensure there are viable new business opportunities within target market. Be resourceful in using multiple approaches to penetrate prospective accounts.
- Pipeline Management: Ensure prospective clients and existing opportunities continue to move through the pipeline by updating account activities, prioritization of upcoming deals, and assisting the team in account projection.
- Provide all pre-sales support to Founders, including setting up meetings for Founders to expand Homage pipeline, facilitating proposal process for specific clients, pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations; support founders to exceed sales goals and execute strategies to win new accounts.
- Provide post-sales support to Founders, including working with Engineering & Product and Operations teams on workflow implementation for new clients, setting up monthly review meetings with existing clients for Founders to build long-term customer relationship and facilitating preparation of materials for client presentations.
- Work with Sales & Marketing team whenever needed to accelerate sales cycle and prospecting.
Sales CRM System
Ensure real time update of all client related activities into Sales CRM System including performing the following activities:
- Managing the pipeline from the start of all engagements with clients, timely updating of any changes (i.e. stages, competitors and resolution causes for WON and LOST opportunities).
- Tracking of all activities/points of contact with clients, providing detailed information on what was discussed/decided and on exchanged documents.
- Ensuring that all owned records (accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc.) are timely and accurately updated.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 1-2 years of work experience within a sales role would be an advantage
- Passion for all things about Homage. You’re driven by our core mission and motivated by the impact of our services and platform
- Entrepreneurial discipline to take initiative, be creative, maintain high activity volumes, and be accountable to goals and quotas
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment – Start-up experience a plus
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can-do attitude, strategic thinker, and passion for new products and solutions
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-motivated goal setter that is able to go above and beyond for reaching quotas in bringing corporate leads in
- Proficient and comfortable with adopting technology and software tools (Microsoft Office, web/mobile applications etc.)
- You have demonstrated an ability to creatively solve problems and think on your feet
- You are a natural storyteller with the ability to distil complex concepts into a simple yet compelling story; you have natural collaboration and bridge-building skills
- Proficiency in Chinese and/or Malay is a strong bonus