At Funding Societies | Modalku we support small businesses by ensuring that we make fast and fair lending decisions which enable them to grow sustainably. We are market leaders in fintech lending in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore (HQ), with over $1 billion of lending volume disbursed. Our investors include Sequoia, Softbank Ventures, Alpha JWC and LINE.
We really love our customers and want them to have the best possible experience. Credit Managers are responsible for enabling quick lending decisions for thousands of potential SME borrowers that approach us. They help evaluate the risk involved in each transaction and strike an acceptable balance between risk and returns involved. They also work hard to understand our customers’ financial needs and determine how we can most effectively support them with our product to achieve their business goals.
We are growing our operations in Thailand and the candidate will have the experience of building our credit underwriting from scratch, leveraging off our experience in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from bank statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
● Adapt in-house credit scoring algorithm for the Thai market.
● Conduct thorough due diligence to ensure credit risk falls in line with internal policy.
● Understand and accurately capture the specific revenue and risk drivers for SMEs.
● Be responsible for making lending decisions independently.
● Be actively involved in improving the decision-making framework, through developments to our systems and processes.
● Communicate effectively with our Sales teams to ensure customer needs are met at all times.
● Work closely with the Data team to improve scoring systems to enable us to make better, faster and fairer decisions.
● Help design and implement operational processes based on credit risk policies.
● In conjunction with sales and finance executives and the company’s legal counsel, determine and update credit policies and procedures
● Conduct periodic credit reviews
● Prepare regular updates on the overall portfolio and deliver the results and plans for improvement to the Risk Committee
● Perform continuous monitoring of borrowers’ credit worthiness to ensure timely loan repayment
● Practice responsible lending and credit activities based on policy and procedures in daily credit-related approvals and reviews
● Responsibilities include subject matter expertise and leadership on lending segments and providing guidance and direction to junior credit analysts.
Qualifications / Requirements
● Experience in commercial loan underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
● Strong business acumen to quickly identify the key drivers influencing credit risk.
● Experience managing a team or the interest to do so in the future
● An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
● A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
● Excellent communication skills.
● The ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
● Working experience of the Thai SME market, trade and supply chain financing products and unsecured finance products will be an added advantage
What’s on offer:
● Fast-paced, exciting workplace with a deep commitment to our mission
● Being a top 5 team member in Thailand for a high growth startup, with room to scale exponentially
● High exposure to customers and to the business scale-up
● Working with our regional teams in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia