Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The marketing team at Carousell is responsible for growing and nurturing the marketplace of sellers and buyers. The team works cross-functionally to meet the business goals for the market, and strives to ensure that Carousell keeps our users at the heart of what we do at all times. The team is young, dynamic, creative, nimble and most importantly, looks out for what is helpful, relevant to and considerate of our users’ needs.
We’re looking for a hardworking, energetic and entrepreneurial category marketing manager to join the team and build the category of (Property/Services), ensuring that users who are highly engaged with the category continue to grow and see value in what we offer, bringing new and/or inactive users into the category, and setting up a fully integrated marketing ecosystem to service the needs of our users. The Category Marketing Manager will have the exciting responsibility of reimagining how we can respond to the needs and wants of users of that category, and will thus need to be adventurous, curious and tenacious.
This role will report into the Regional Head of Category and Country Marketing
- Lead a team of Regional Category Marketing Managers (across the priority categories of Services, Property, Autos, and Fashion & Luxury)
- Work closely with Category Managers/Directors to align category marketing strategies to the category business strategy
- Be or become an expert in the categories of Services, Property, Autos, and Fashion & Luxury, and work with the Category Marketing Managers to provide user-centric input to the Category Managers/Directors & Product Managers to build the high quality category experiences for our users
- Work with country marketing managers to deploy marketing budgets across Singapore, Philippines and Hong Kong for Autos, Services and Property, and across Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Taiwan for Fashion & Luxury
- Guide and review the qualitative and quantitative research to understand the needs of each set of category users, to distil insights build strategic regional marketing campaigns that speak to these users and encourage them to list or chat
- Keep track of the business metrics within the four mentioned categories, and work with the category marketing managers to optimise where needed accordingly, with the understanding of how to impact them with marketing levers
- Maintain consistent quality standards and implementation of the briefs, instructions, and playbooks developed by the category marketing managers
- Ensure that the different category marketing managers exchange and establish best practices across the function of category marketing
- Build and maintain relationships/networks with relevant stakeholders on a regional level, in ways that help to deliver strategies/plans as a whole, and with smooth and timely delivery
- Own and manage the overall category tree of the Carousell marketplace, with the aim of developing an understanding of how category traffic and engagement in one part of the marketplace can lead to the growth of another
- Strong presentation skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills required
- Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features
- Able to share a portfolio of past marketing campaigns
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
- Familiarity with a variety of communications platforms, including social media, above-the-line and earned media