Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell’s product managers lead this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
At Carousell we are trying to make second hand the first choice by removing barriers for sellers and buyers to transact with convenience and confidence. As Director of Product, Transactional Classifieds, you will be responsible for a product portfolio that includes payments and escrow, shipping, assured and trusted products and sellers, transactional verticals such as luxury, and other models yet to be invented. You will manage a team of product managers and work with engineers across two development centers. To be successful in this role you must be dedicated to Carousell’s mission and care deeply about our users. In addition to focusing on flawless execution you will have high energy, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of delivering results. When data is not available, you must rely on your instincts and judgment to make high quality decisions quickly.
- Attract, develop and retain the best product managers, who enjoy working in innovation, user-focused solutions, and thrive in a fast paced, fun environment
- Inspire the team to dream big and innovate to delight users
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics
- Set clear measurable goals for your product managers and the tech teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts they work with
- Use data, market and user research, and rapid prototyping to identifying user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to quickly build products and services that create significant value for users and revenue for the company
- Champion product management functional excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline; Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience product managing consumer internet products
- People management and development experience with teams across multiple locations
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision
You will have demonstrated:
- Perseverance and resourcefulness: Building a great company that users love is hard work. We are looking for team members who overcome challenges and find a way through when things get tough.
- High business impact: We are results oriented and solve problems. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
- Strategic awareness, financial fluency and a strong understanding of a profit and loss account.
- Exceptional technical and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.