SME Operations Manager at Funding Societies
Kuala Lumpur, MY
- Lead the department to deliver timely, accurate, consistent and reliable service to customers (internal and external)
- Identify areas for operational improvement, including cross-learning of best practices, and implement them within the department. Track and measure improvements in data-driven manner.
- Partner with local & regional leadership team to shape the growth of the business across FSMY, with focus on driving operational efficiencies and management of risk
- Partner local business teams (and group functional teams, as required) to implement business level strategies for the company, Drive first-class execution and improvements (e.g. reducing turn-around time)
- Strengthen the impact of enabling functions on business outcomes (e.g. working with Tech to improve product utilisation and change management, key BU POC for LOS/internal tools development)
- Develop best practices in operations, including keeping abreast of industry developments and pilot testing them within the department
- Drive/lead review of operational processes to identify operational challenges and areas for improvement. Responsible to partner enablers to deliver improvements
- Design and develop operational dashboards and trackers. Report outcomes to management, as required.
- Line manager for team leads. Responsible for coaching and grooming team leads and team members.
- Other tasks as may be assigned (e.g. standardisation efforts, day-to-day operational issues, sharing of best practices across countries)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in banking or fintech environment
- Strong track record for executing and managing effective controls and efficient processes in banking/ fintech operations
- Conversant with MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel is a must
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail
- Proficient presentation/communication skills
- Demonstrable strong teamwork with internal and external groups