Modalku is the largest Peer-to-Peer lending platform in Southeast Asia. We provide business financing to SMEs which is crowdfunded by retail and institutional investors as well as high-networth individuals. In 4 years, we have financed over 85,000 business loans at over S$700 million.
We are looking for frontend engineers to build delightful interfaces and user experiences for our investors and borrowers. Our team is growing, but still lean enough to not require excessive specialization – you will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks.
What you’ll do
- Design and build informative data visualizations that help investors and borrowers track their progress
- Build attractive landing pages and measure their success
- Contribute to code and architecture reviews to keep our code quality high
- Debug and resolve production issues; take part in blameless postmortems
- Plan and execute smooth migrations to new technology as a way of managing technical debt
- Build mobile optimised web apps
You may shine in this role if you
- Have set up and maintained a build pipeline with Webpack
- Are enthusiastic about collaborating across departments to solve challenging problems
- Are pragmatic about the need to release less-than-perfect software and continuously iterate on it
- Care about performance of the UI as well as making sure it performs correctly
- Can identify and articulate trade-offs in software and data design
- Can communicate both technical and business requirements fluently
- Are excited about both learning new things and teaching others
Why Should You Join Us
- You will be empowered to bring our team to the next level. We believe everyone brings in unique skills and experience and we provide you the platform to the best of who you are.
- You will be able to experiment with latest technology and techniques that will deliver business impact. Join us to see how we use design system and new landing page framework to empower our internal users.
- You will get to create new tools that will solve unique financial inclusion problems across Southeast Asia
- You will have freedom in the way you wish to work. With a highly self-driving and delivery-focused working culture, we are fully supportive with flexi-hour, remote working and unlimited leave policy.