Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell’s product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be - smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
Home Page & Buyer Experience
The Home Page of Carousell is the pivotal point that helps users discover listings that they love. How a listing is displayed and how potential buyers interact with a listing are central questions that drive the best customer experience for our users. Deep empathy for all users, working backwards from their needs, showcasing content that they love, and creating an experience that is frictionless and rewarding are some of the key things that this team obsesses about.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join us in Singapore on this exciting journey. You will partner with a talented team of Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Analysts and have complete ownership of delivering the best in class buying experience for our customers -- right from discovering amazing and relevant content to make it super easy for millions of Carousell’s daily users buy stuff they love. You will obsess about the best customer experience and work backwards to deliver that experience.
- Own the Home Page layout end to end
- Own the buyer User Journey and KPIs associated with it
- Understand user needs via user research and usability studies
- Conduct A/B testing to champion the best and most impactful experience
- Combine usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to understand the domain deeply and identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Transform user problems into validated solutions leveraging all possible consumer touch points, such as our Mobile apps and Website, Email and Push Notifications, Customer Experience and Marketplace Operations, and other possible means
- Ruthlessly prioritize, drive stakeholder alignment, proactively manage risks & dependencies and plan for rapid & intentional experimentation.
- Lead the delivery of validated solutions while working with the multi-disciplinary “Buyer Experience” and other important partners & stakeholders in the company
- Measure the results of changes introduced, decide and communicating on success or failure, identify key learnings and integrate them in overall user, product & feature understanding
- 6+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a customer facing organization
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from user data
- Strong prioritisation and execution skills, taking complete ownership
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Customer Obsession
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others
Good to have:
- Experience working in e-commerce industry
- MBA or a masters degree