Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are now looking for iOS Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Build new and key features for Carousell on iOS that power the growth and success of buyers and sellers by working closely with the product and design teams
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the iOS app by working closely with your iOS teammates
- Focus on iOS design principles and making the app works intuitively
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture
- Build revenue impacting products including advertisements and visibility.
- Experience with iOS application development (Objective-C and/or Swift)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance iOS applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Strong Computer Science background with good understanding of iOS framework and best practices
- Built, shipped and maintained at least one or two iOS applications for a period of 2-5 years
Good to have:
- Experience with online advertisement technology