The Talent Acquisition Manager (Malaysia & Singapore) will report to the Regional Head of Talent Management.
Based in Malaysia, the Talent Acquisition Manager (Malaysia & Singapore) will lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists and is responsible for the end-to-end recruitment of key positions in the organisation. He/she will be tasked with identifying and putting in place the right search strategy and process for projects spanning across the region, with a primary focus on Malaysia and Singapore. The organisation is undergoing rapid growth and a transformation to poise themselves for future expansion. The TA function is a crucial one in order to support the growth and headcount in transformation and thus having a growth mindset and ability to coach and drive effectiveness across the team is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
- HR Strategy & Workforce Planning
- Propose, plan and execute Malaysia & Singapore TA strategy and plan within the approved budget.
- Identify the data sources to gather and prepare relevant workforce data to perform workforce gap analysis
- Collaborate with business leaders to model and refine the current workforce profile, and project the future skills demand and supply
- Assist in the development annual recruitment plans for the purpose of filling resource gaps or redeploying resources based on skills
- Calculate and analyse cost and headcount implications resulting from proposed strategic workforce plan and recruitment plan
- Manage manpower cost and cost to hire within the approved budget
- Recommend hiring standards, selection criteria and job requirements (knowledge, skills and experience) to fulfill the current and future business plans of the organisation.
- Execute recruitment plans in collaboration with business leaders to ensure open positions are successfully filled.
- Develop a database of contacts to facilitate access to potential recruits of the organisation to allow proactive and immediate sourcing of qualified candidates when the need arises.
- Recommend and deploy a range assessment tools, techniques and technology solutions for hiring managers to evaluate the job-fit of candidates in order to reduce time taken to hire and manage hiring costs within the approved budget.
- Analyse all information gathered from the screening and assessment process to support hiring managers in making decisions on offers of employment.
- Analytics and Insights
- Identify, collect and prepare data for analytics and HR metrics benchmarking.
- Resolve data availability and data quality challenges with data cleansing techniques
- Use HR data to design HR metrics, identify causal relationships, analyse trends, develop forecasts and projections, and draw insights and foresights for decision-making.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5+ years of recruiting experience preferably from a startup / IT or banking industry
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Proven track record of team management across the region
- Strong network of recruitment partners and talents in the market
- Organising - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills to interact with employees at all levels both internally and externally - including C-suite
- Able to keep on top of things in a fast-paced and constant changing environment
- Independent and resourceful
- Strong business acumen