Modalku is the largest Peer-to-Peer lending platform in Southeast Asia. We provide business financing to SMEs which is crowdfunded by retail and institutional investors as well as high-networth individuals. In 4 years, we have financed over 85,000 business loans at over S$700 million.
We are looking for backend engineers to design and build the systems that power our core business of lending and loan processing. As a backend engineer, you will build features that introduce or significantly expand capabilities for our business teams, opening the way to new markets, partners, and other opportunities. Our team is growing, but still lean enough to not require excessive specialization – you will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and maintain developer-friendly APIs and services
- Contribute to code and architecture reviews to keep our code quality high
- Debug and resolve production issues; take part in blameless postmortems
- Plan and execute smooth migrations to new technology as a way of managing technical debt
- Build tools and automation for our business and operations teams
You may shine in this role if you
- Have a track record of shipping software in a distributed systems environment
- Are enthusiastic about collaborating across departments to solve challenging problems
- Are pragmatic about the need to release less-than-perfect software and continuously iterate on it
- Can identify and articulate trade-offs in software and data design
- Can communicate both technical and business requirements fluently
- Are excited about both learning new things and teaching others
While we generally don't look at the stack that you know today but these are the stack we are currently using: Nodejs, Golang, Python, Angular and React
Why Should You Join Us
- You will be empowered to bring our team to the next level. We believe everyone brings in unique skills and experience and we provide you the platform to the best of who you are.
- You will be able to experiment with latest technology and techniques that will deliver business impact. Join us to see how we use design system and new landing page framework to empower our internal users.
- You will get to create new tools that will solve unique financial inclusion problems across Southeast Asia
- You will have freedom in the way you wish to work. With a highly self-driving and delivery-focused working culture, we are fully supportive with flexi-hour, remote working and unlimited leave policy.