Ensure smooth sailing for customers to keep winning
Xendit provides payments infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other startups grow exponentially. We execute on these services through world-class APIs and dashboard UI that simplifies payments. We serve some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and international giants like Samsung.
Our Merchant Operations function streamlines our customers’ experience so that they can move money easily. In order to gain people’s trust with their payments, we need to make sure their journey with Xendit is seamless.
The role is multifaceted and dynamic, where decisions can determine our growth and you’ll be personally liable for our success.
We're looking for a proven leader to build new processes, streamlining our customers’ UX before and after onboarding. This means building our people, tools, and processes to optimize for KYC methods with least friction while still complying with local regulations.
You will need to have an unparalleled understanding of the trajectory of our business, build a scalable Merchant Operations function with limited resources. You will help with everything to do with customers’ UX from an operational perspective: from building processes to project managing the build of automation tools to nurturing a young team to make independent decisions.
1. Build new processes and enhance existing ones that balance good customer UX with being compliant
- Solve issues with the Compliance team to creatively implement requirements so we can shrink our customer activation form by 50%
- Find solutions to validate responses from the customer activation form so we can take them at face value
- Collaborate with Compliance and Product teams to apply internal processes that efficiently monitors any changes to our customers’ profile after their onboarding.
2. Help create tools to automate and thus streamline processes
- Huddle with Product teams by requesting for automation and project managing the build. Help provide your team with useful tools so that they can move on to solving the next big issue.
3. Take care of our customers so that they are successful
- Team up with the Financial Operations team to ensure that we have the required accounts in the correct banks. This helps our customers so they can continue to move money smoothly and ourselves so that we can keep track of our fast-moving funds
4. Materially affect growth trajectory by building an ‘A team’
- Coach existing team
- Inherit small, junior team and coach them to become A players, i.e. excellent individual contributors, contribute beyond their work and have the potential to lead as our organisation grows
- Build performance management framework: scorecards, 1-on-1s
- Execute team culture within a “team of teams” framework
- Set up and execute hiring until we have the right A team
- Source 5 A players that can pass CEO’s screen
- Hire until your role becomes redundant, i.e. if you disappear, they can continue operating at the same quality and speed
- Build a framework for hiring: scorecards, interview questions
5. Be trusted to jump into Xendit’s most pressing issues and be able to fix within 3 months
6. Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- You’re hungrier than your peers to succeed
- You’re willing to work harder than most and humble enough to do anything
- You thrive on the autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You’re meticulous - you don’t like knowing things on the surface. You dig to find the root cause of things
- You question the status quo - you’re not satisfied with the simple “it is the way it is” justification
- When given the choice between struggle and ease, you often choose the harder path if it’s the smarter decision
- When your coworker needs help late at night and it’s not related to you, you’re down to support them on menial tasks if it makes their lives easier
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in payments, consulting, banking or startups
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growth is your goal: You always think growth is what motivates you and is what you need, like oxygen, if you are not growing then you are dead
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia