99.co is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our diverse team of people who are passionate about taking the real estate industry properly into the age of technology through innovation and a desire to solve its multitude of challenges.
You will be responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. You will help the team increase their efficiency, motivate the team, spin and argue for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. You will ensure the DoD (Definition of Done) is being followed.
What you'll do:
- Guide the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guide the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and demos
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Managers, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
What you have/are/will be:
- Experience of at least 3 years in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that is diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of various Agile approaches and techniques
- Experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (eg: various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationship
- Stakeholder management - assisting to prioritise and set expectations when competing project deadlines arise
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organisational skills
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo
- Detail-oriented or someone who reads everything and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application ;)
What is it like working at 99.co?
99.co is the #1 online property transaction platform in Southeast Asia and is funded by East Ventures, Sequoia, Eduardo Saverin and other top tier investors. Co-founder and CEO Darius is a serial entrepreneur who previously founded and sold tenCube to McAfee and is angel investor in over 20 companies.
At 99.co, we dream deep. We believe in taking the red pill and working on things that have a sustainable and deep impact. We work to change real world industries rather than sit in ivory towers of software. We work hard as a team because in the end, that’s the best part of the journey. Being part of something bigger than yourself, learning about yourself and learning how to trust someone else completely.
By joining us, you’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We are expanding!
In our bid to create an awesome and growing team that continues to disrupt the space of real estate with technology, we are always looking for thinkers and doers driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing to be a part of our journey. In such a fast moving organization, you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
Learn more about us and other career opportunities at go.99.co/careers.
We apologise in advance - we may only be able to get back to shortlisted candidates; but we really, really appreciate every application, we think that is the greatest flattery we could ask for. Thank you!