"Being in the CEO's Team, you will be my extension - eyes and brains and legs on a normal day. If you are good, you will almost be my body double. On other days, you will have to be the SWAT team to parachute in to resolve a situation with multiple stakeholders, or laser in to execute on an opportunity as a one-man army.
In this role, you will almost have to be able to synchronise with me - you will need to be super smart, super driven, have a good balance of analytical and communication skills, and a good balance of taking-charge/making judgement calls and consulting advice from me or others. You will have unlimited exposure and growth opportunity, if you know how to capitalise on it (if u are asking what are those, then you are the wrong guy, pls don't apply)”
- Darius Cheung, CEO
We are looking for a talented and motivated super Chief of Staff/Black Ops to be the right hand to the CEO and play a needle moving role by laying out pathways towards our mission to help 600 million people in Southeast Asia to find a place where they can call home. Part strategist, consultant and implementer, this critical and challenging position carries a high degree of visibility and requires close collaboration with team members to ensure activities within the organization align with specified corporate objectives and priorities.
You must feel comfortable communicating and assisting in the execution of strategic initiatives, from development to successful completion, under the guidance of senior leadership and the CEO. This is you if you thrive on accountability for delivery of strategic plans, maintaining alignment across organizational units, have a knack for simplifying and streamlining processes to maximize efficiency, are analytically-savvy and find energy through end-to-end project management, have the ability to anticipate issues and proactively recommend pragmatic solutions to problems, are a relationship builder and dependable partner that can manage details and eliminate surprises, are adept at message development and storytelling, and consistently role model empathy, high integrity and personal accountability.
What you'll do:
- Leads/and or supports special projects
- Ideate and lead early-stage initiatives on behalf of the CEO.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including technology, strategy, operations, product teams to test and implement initiatives.
- Develop a pulse on the organization, identifying areas where change is needed and advising the CEO and other senior leaders on opportunities to drive a high-performance culture.
- Support the CEO and other senior leaders in Board of Directors activities. This includes managing Board of Directors presentations, e.g.: working with the CEO and other senior leaders on agendas; collaborating with senior leaders to prepare presentations; and editing, finalizing presentations and related materials and ensuring follow-through on obligations.
- Plan, research, develop and review internal and external communications from the CEO, including but not limited to memos, videos, quarterly company updates, press releases, blog posts and presentations.
- Create compelling internal and external presentations that leverage data to tell a story, including the preparation of correspondence, presentations, talking points and proposals
- Establish and maintain a broad and deep network at all levels across teams. Interact with front line staff and middle management to stay abreast of organizational concerns and needs, and communicate this feedback to the CEO and other senior leaders.
- Treat sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality. This information includes, but is not limited to: personnel information and detailed financial information
- Recommend and implement simplified and streamlined processes to increase agility and improve efficiency
- Collect and analyze company metrics to provide insight to the company
- Ensure that the CEO is as efficient and effective as possible by anticipating needs and providing operational support
- Articulate and evangelize the CEO's vision and track progress against all organizational goals
- Perform other duties as required or assigned, including high priority projects that need general support.
What you have/are/will be:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in either product management, growth marketing, software development, finance, consulting or business development (or founding a company) is a bonus
- Have an excellent command of both written and spoken English. Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia is a bonus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficiency and productivity
- Excellent analytical ability with a detail-oriented attitude
- Strong track record and bias of excellence in execution
- Truly enjoys a dynamic startup environment where every day is different and each challenge is different
- Sense of complete ownership and comfort with owning projects end to end
- Able to dive comfortably into most/any area of the business or product
- A “can-do-it-all” attitude is a must; to bring multi-tasking to mastery level
- Take a solution-focused approach to all tasks
- A confident and well-rounded communicator – both verbal and written
- High EQ – able to connect and work well with a spectrum of individuals across departments
- Tech-savvy and efficient with limited resources
- One for all, and all for one – working synergistically with various departments for the greater good of the company
- Trustworthy and respectful – we are a highly inclusive organisation and observe a strong code of ethics. We are diversity, pink and pet friendly
What is it like working at 99.co?
99.co is the #1 online property transaction platform in Southeast Asia and is funded by East Ventures, Sequoia, Eduardo Saverin and other top tier investors. Co-founder and CEO Darius is a serial entrepreneur who previously founded and sold tenCube to McAfee and is angel investor in over 20 companies.
At 99.co, we dream deep. We believe in taking the red pill and working on things that have a sustainable and deep impact. We work to change real world industries rather than sit in ivory towers of software. We work hard as a team because in the end, that’s the best part of the journey. Being part of something bigger than yourself, learning about yourself and learning how to trust someone else completely.
By joining us, you’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We are expanding!
In our bid to create an awesome and growing team that continues to disrupt the space of real estate with technology, we are always looking for thinkers and doers driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing to be a part of our journey. In such a fast moving organization, you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
Learn more about us and other career opportunities at https://go.99.co/careers.
We apologise in advance - we may only be able to get back to shortlisted candidates; but we really, really appreciate every application, we think that is the greatest flattery we could ask for. Thank you!