“Real Estate is a people business - why is it that after three decades of internet revolution, buying and selling real estate is still such an opaque process full of traps and hazards? It’s because of people. We are looking for a principled Head of People as 1) guardian of our values and cultures, 2) as our commander to help us grow from 150 to 5000 in the next 3 years and 3) as a nurturer to help our people learn and grow and thrive. Are you game?” - Darius Cheung, CEO
99.co is the largest and fastest growing property company providing the most comprehensive home selection in Singapore and Indonesia for property seekers. By providing the largest set of listings in the market, designing easy beautiful tools and synthesising data to help property seekers search for, learn about, sieve through and compare thousands of potential options, 99.co helps to make that journey reliable, easy and trustworthy.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of People to join us and be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and grow the team at 99.co. Reporting to the CEO, you will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities for a place where a great team grows, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can make a difference.
You will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support the organization. This will involve, driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolving employee relations issues, managing programs that help develop staff, designing budgets, applying company policies and managing internal systems. Of particular importance to us will be to strengthen our internal environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness. This position is a key strategic role in the company helping to grow the business and allowing us to build a unique and strong people oriented culture at 99.co.
About the opportunity:
You will get to work for a fast growing top tier startup and a CEO who is incredibly excited about the difference a strong HR function can have to the business, they are looking for a commercial partner to join them on this journey of growth and success. It is highly desirable the successful candidate has previous experience in a technology startup and has seen high growth and the challenges and changes that come with a scaling business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives in line with their goal of developing a high-performance culture
- Manage and guide both the daily operations and long-term vision of the People Operations team to deliver support to our growing, diverse workforce.
- Design and implement the people operations and recruiting strategy
- Serve as a strategic and trusted advisor/HRBP to leadership regarding key organisational and management challenges and opportunities for all things people-related
- Coach, mentor, and be a sounding board to employees
- Implement and manage systems and processes around all components of the employee life cycle
- Create talent review, progressive performance improvement and succession planning programs to guide the identification and investment in our people
- Manage internal full-cycle recruiting of both technical and non-technical roles
- Onboard new hires and conduct orientation sessions
- Plan events, including team outings, hackathons, and meetups
- Regularly review our perks and benefits to ensure we’re giving our team the best
- Audit and manage our human resource management systems
- Advise on and ensure compliance with employment laws
- Identify trends and analyse data to drive recruiting strategies and support business decisions
- Create an environment that fosters leadership at all levels of the organization
- Reinforce a culture of ownership over both company objectives and personal development
- Actively support the culture and embraces the companies core values. Diversity rates incredibly highly on the CEO’s agenda and so a passion and knowledge within this space is highly desired.
What you are/have/will be:
- At least 6+ years of experience as HR business partner or generalist experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team.
- Be willing to challenge conventional paradigms and build a unique approach.
- Strong “people person," with extraordinary ability to listen, understand, and connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Collaborative with strong attention to detail
- Excellent at project management, particularly with respect to organisation, prioritisation, and time management and ability to manage and participate in multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and HR metrics for measurement
- Knowledge of key compliance issues and procedures
- Experience of working in a global organization preferred
- High sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- Highly adaptable, able to work in change management and changing environments. Able to guide staff navigating organisational change
- Passion for social impact
What is it like working at 99.co?
99.co is the #1 online property transaction platform in Southeast Asia and is funded by East Ventures, Sequoia, Eduardo Saverin and other top tier investors. Co-founder and CEO Darius is a serial entrepreneur who previously founded and sold tenCube to McAfee and is angel investor in over 20 companies.
At 99.co, we dream deep. We believe in taking the red pill and working on things that have a sustainable and deep impact. We work to change real world industries rather than sit in ivory towers of software. We work hard as a team because in the end, that’s the best part of the journey. Being part of something bigger than yourself, learning about yourself and learning how to trust someone else completely.
By joining us, you’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We are expanding!
In our bid to create an awesome and growing team that continues to disrupt the space of real estate with technology, we are always looking for thinkers and doers driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing to be a part of our journey. In such a fast moving organization, you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
Learn more about us and other career opportunities at https://go.99.co/careers.
We apologise in advance - we may only be able to get back to shortlisted candidates; but we really, really appreciate every application, we think that is the greatest flattery we could ask for. Thank you!