99.co is the largest and fastest growing property company providing the most comprehensive home selection in Singapore and Indonesia for property seekers. By providing the largest set of listings in the market, designing easy beautiful tools and synthesizing data to help property seekers search for, learn about, sieve through and compare thousands of potential options, 99.co helps to make that journey reliable, easy and trustworthy.
We are looking for an Android Engineer who has a strong experience in developing applications on Android using Android SDK. Your focus will be the development of Android application and their integration with backend services. As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing new features from scratch and participating in product decisions for 99.co, work with our creative team to execute pixel perfect designs. You will also be required to track down and resolve issues, improve the stability and performance of the app and keep up with the latest SDK, devices, tools and conventions.
What you will do:
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Collaborate with others on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Contribute to architectural upgrades and refactoring
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
What you have/are/will be:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Passionate about creating mobile development as a whole
- Deep understanding of Android NDK (Java and Android NDK)
- Deep understanding of Android Programming with Android SDK
- Proficient in Java (Kotlin is a +)
- Experience in backend development is a +; in scalable mobile app structure is a ++
- Familiarity with android libraries such as Retrofit, Glide, Mockito, Espresso, Realm, Butterknife, Sqlite, Otto, Pusher is a +++
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces
- Familiar with mobile software lifecycle development and architecture (MVVM)
- Good interpersonal communications skills
- Multi-threading and memory management knowledge and understanding of caching mechanisms
- Detail-oriented or someone who reads everything and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application ;)
What is it like working at 99.co?
Founded by one of the best engineering teams in Singapore, 99.co is the fastest growing property portal today. Our obsession is to make the property market in Asia more transparent, honest and reliable for homeowners, buyers, sellers, and real estate agents.
At 99.co, we dream deep. We believe in taking the red pill and working on things that have a sustainable and deep impact. We work to change real world industries rather than sit in ivory towers of software. We work hard as a team because in the end, that’s the best part of the journey. Being part of something bigger than yourself, learning about yourself and learning how to trust someone else completely.
By joining us, you’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We are expanding!
In our bid to create an awesome and growing team that continues to disrupt the space of real estate with technology, we are always looking for thinkers and doers driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing to be a part of our journey. In such a fast moving organization, you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
Learn more about us and other career opportunities at https://www.99.co/team.
We apologise in advance - we may only be able to get back to shortlisted candidates; but we really, really appreciate every application, we think that is the greatest flattery we could ask for. Thank you!