Qoala is a disruptive insure-tech company that leverages big-data, machine learning, IoT and blockchain aiming to revolutionise insurance landscape in Indonesia. We partner with big companies, including e-commerce and travel platforms, to enhance their customer experience through our unique and innovative insurance products.
With our cutting-edge technologies plus sophisticated mathematical and machine learning models, we aim to create a seamless customer experience through automatic claims, personalisation and fraud detection engine. Founded in 2017, we are a group of mathematicians and computer scientists with strong insurance and technology backgrounds, with experiences at BCG, Traveloka, and Accenture.
At Qoala, we welcome highly talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing team and help us in reshaping insurance landscape in Indonesia, be innovative and creative with business and building insights from big data to transform the industry with technology.
- Work with company HR Manager to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the company and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from employees
- Direct all hiring and training procedures for new employees
- Continually educate employees on company policies (including sexual harassment, appropriate dress and social media permissions, etc.) and keep employee handbook current
- Administer or change benefits, health plans, retirement plans, etc.
- Monitor employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive
- Coordinate and direct work activities for managers and employees
- Foster cross-functional relationships and ensure managers and employees are properly connected
- Regularly meet with employees for progress reviews and assessments, discussing any problems or grievances they may have
- Promote a positive and open work environment where employees feel comfortable speaking up about issues
- Plans, establishes and oversees the company’s social media presence on Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogging websites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, finance, or a related field
- At least 1-2 years management experience in HR
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Honest, ethical, and dependable
- Experienced in mediation and conflict resolution processes
- Positive, go-getter attitude
- Expert stress management skills and ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Attentive listener; understanding, empathetic, and personable
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel) and various HR software programs including HRIS
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and employees regarding all HR matters
Preferred Qualifications (Not required but nice to have):
- Experience as a recruiter and/or people partner at a Digital Company is a plus
- Be able to use data and reporting to highlight people trends and make recommendations using these that will influence business performance.
Why Work at Qoala
- You will act as an HR/People Partner within a fast paced, agile business that has progressed through change programmes will allow you to hit the ground running in this role
- The opportunity to drive organisational change
- Join an emerging HR function which continues to add value to business goals
- Be a part of leading insurtech in Indonesia and SouthEast Asia that is inclusive with masses of positive energy
- To play a key role in delivering a long-term people strategy