GO.Exchange is a prelaunch crypto-to-crypto exchange focused on building sustainable trading platform. The goal is to be the safest and easiest way to trade assets. The team is a small group of standout people in the crypto space working hard to bring the exchange to market.
Why we need you
GO.Exchange is looking for a Compliance Manager to join the team. This role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand or Tokyo, Japan. Given the ever-changing regulatory and legal landscape of the crypto industry, this member will help GO.Exchange stay compliant with regulation through the creation and maintenance of necessary compliance policies, such as insider trading policies, KYC/AML policies, etc.
This hire will help to ensure that GO.Exchange is compliant with all Maltese policies required and ensure that GO.Exchange has policies that are robust and satisfy the legal scrutiny of nations around the world and to ensure the safety of our users. This candidate will also regularly provide consultations on internal decisions and will be expected to provide a well-researched opinion on the risk profile of certain initiatives.
What you will be doing
- Coordinating regulatory inquiries for the Maltese government as well as other foreign regulators
- Working with external counsel to meet the guidelines laid out by the Maltese regulators to ensure GO.Exchange receives the Maltese exchange license
- Understanding and articulating regulatory change to anticipate regulatory requirements and ensure the business will operate in a compliant manner
- Researching, interpreting, and advising the firm regarding compliance with laws and regulations. This candidate will also provide risk-reward profiles on certain initiatives
- Identify regulatory regions that are favorable for crypto businesses and strategize on ways to capitalize on said favorable regions
- Developing and implementing remedial action plans in response to internal and external audits
- Provide guidance to the business on topics such as fiat to crypto onramps, obtaining licenses in different countries, derivative tradings, leverage, etc.
- Liaise with the IT team on identifying, implementing, integrating, and optimizing applications and tools as needed by regulatory
- Help maintain compliance requirements and reporting
- Monitor and report on legal developments and implications
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to team members for relevant compliance matters
- distill and effectively communicate complex regulatory issues to help inform the internal team on how to build the product going forward.
- A university degree from a reputable university (preferably in finance, law, or business management)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in compliance and regulations with an exchange, bank, law firm, broker-dealer, or government regulatory body such as the SEC
- Highly proficient with technology and possess a deep understanding of blockchain technology
- Proven record of providing compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while balancing this with sound business judgment
- Must be comfortable working independently and efficiently in an area with fast pace environment of the ever-changing nature of crypto regulation
Profile and Competencies
- Experience in payments and financial services
- Passion and understanding of cryptocurrency
- Fluent English-language skills, excellent communicative and persuasive abilities: able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a vast array of stakeholders
- Additional languages are bonus
- Intellectually curious and highly driven: make-it-happen mentality required.
- Fast-learner, analytical and creative thinker, critical reasoning skills: able to comprehend complex business strategies rapidly and devise pragmatic and creative solutions in the face of uncertainty
- Able to work quickly and decisively: combining efficiency with competence, project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- GO.Exchange is part of Omise Holdings, founded in 2018, currently 30 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok – global operations
- Omise Holdings raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- You will be invited to an initial online meeting with the hiring team
- Short online assessment
- 2-3 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
GO.Exchange embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.