Your mission is to guide, reinforce and promote the use of Agile/Scrum practices within the technology and product teams, enabling the Product organisation to deliver tremendous experiences for our customers through our products.
As a Scrum Master, you will need to work closely with the product and technology teams within the business, and deploy and reinforce best practices, elevate self-organisation and mentor your teams.
In A Nutshell
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on progression and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the product teams, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge around leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Software development or software product management background.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Familiarity with web technologies.
- Familiarity with Target Process, Pivotal Tracker or similar Agile-enablement platform.
- Be a positive team player
- Engage constructively, disagree and commit
- Be Humble
- Demonstrate Accountability
- Exercise Good Judgement
- Take charge of your professional growth