MoneySmart helps you maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content.
MoneySmart.sg is Singapore's #1 personal finance portal. We were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup in the list. http://www.hrmasia.com/content/revealed-top-start-ups-singaporeans-want-work
The company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions.
With multiple banks and insurers pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, we have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for - all in one place.
We are a market leader in Singapore and Indonesia and expanding fast into the region.
Your mission is to work closely with our finance team to bring clarity and structure to the financial processes and reporting of a fast growing regional business. The role requires a talented and engaging finance professional who has quick problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, digital aptitude, and business acumen to MoneySmart Group.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day accounting function and tax compliance.
- Execute full sets of accounts for assigned services
- Maintain accounting records for sales and purchases
- Perform bank reconciliation
- Perform intercompany reconciliation
- Monitor aged receivables and facilitate timely collection of debts
- Support in the month end and year end closing of accounts
- Perform verification and processing of staff expense reimbursement
- Assist in other duties as and when assigned
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management.
- Avid adopter and proponent of SaaS products that can bring efficiencies to financial processes.
- Strong logical thinking and convincing skills to comfortably interact with all levels of MoneySmart and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner.
- Solid understanding of the internet and consumer tech industries.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to details and figures.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be Humble
- Stay Hungry
- Do more with less and be super productive
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Engage, Disagree and Commit
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field, as well as an internationally recognized
- 5 years in finance, accounting, or audit experience preferred.
- Experience in the insurance, banking or technology sectors preferred
- Some travel to MoneySmart's operating countries is required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of financial and tax regulation, its interpretation and implementation, across MoneySmart markets (i.e Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, India and Taiwan) preferred.
- Literacy in cloud-based accounting software: Xero, Talenox and Google Suites would be useful.