In 2009 MoneySmart was founded with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions. Today, we’re Singapore's #1 personal finance portal, with fast expansion into the rest of the region. To continue charting new territory, our amazing team of product experience designers is seeking a like-minded maker to join our crew.
Together, we’re creating products and services that are useful, usable and desirable for end-users while constantly innovating to impact the category from the ground, up. Your mission as an Associate Product Experience Designer at MoneySmart is to design best-in-class user experiences to aid consumers in reaching their personal finance goals.
The role requires you to work closely with the MoneySmart product, technology, marketing and commercial teams to develop digital products and services for the personal finance sector.
In a Nutshell:
- You will be working in a team of product managers, engineers and designers, actively involved in defining the product strategy.
- You will be hyper-focused on the end user, able to see your designs’ impact on their overall experience.
- You are expected to deliver pixel-perfect designs from concept to finished product in a fast-paced environment.
- Can demonstrate taste in layout, typography and visual hierarchy through a strong portfolio with engaging designs.
- Can demonstrate experience with and understanding of core User Research techniques to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important in their work.
- Has conceptual familiarity with design thinking, information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows.
- Knows what types of experiences are made possible by current technology.
- Considers potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in your work and looks for opportunities to connect experience before, during and after a given task.
- Shares work early and often and seeks out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, teams and the Product Experience Design team.
- Communicates with product leads and engineers in their language, designing with consideration for their cares and concerns.
- Practices verbal and written communication skills, in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Has excellent organization skills and keeps calm in a fast-paced environment.
- You read everything and will tell us what your preferred Dungeons and Dragons class and race will be in your application.
- Contributes to the culture of the Product Experience Design team by participating in design-led projects, events and discussions, in order to spread design thinking and enthusiasm throughout the company and the wider community.
- 2+ years experience working in a technology focused company.
- Experience working in an agile, cross-disciplinary team.
- First-hand experience working with responsive frontend frameworks and design systems.
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision and Illustrator.
- Firm grasp of rapid prototyping methods and tools.
- Portfolio highlighting latest works that have clear problems solved by your design. Samples of wireframes and mockups are good; living and breathing products are excellent.
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Engage, disagree and commit
- Stay hungry
- Be humble
In Return, You Can Expect:
- Mentorship and career guidance
- An atmosphere of inclusion and collaboration
- Regional network connections and opportunities
- Challenging, mind-bending design tasks in need of conquering
- Fun and design-focused culture