At OmiseGO, we believe that having access to financial services can change lives.
Our mission is to enable people to access financial services that are fast, fair and secure, anytime, anywhere.
We are building an inclusive financial technology platform that enables real-time exchange and payment services. Our global teams are solving problems to address barriers to financial inclusion and building a community around the OMG network. Together, we can empower businesses to better reach and serve their customers. Join us.
Why we need you
We are looking for a seasoned technical leader who possesses passion for pushing the limits of blockchain technology. You will help build and develop a small team of financial services and blockchain engineers. Your team will collaborate with cross-disciplinary business professionals and stakeholders to build next-generation blockchain-based financial services.
What you will be doing
- Design, build and maintain open-source backend Elixir applications and distributed applications (DApps)
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Maintain crisp and clear technical documentation
- Evaluate and implement relevant blockchain research from internal and external efforts
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle
- Review your team’s code
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and produce product features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and mentorship
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
Core skills & experience:
- Experience developing software in production environments (preferably in Ruby, Erlang, or Elixir)
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with blockchains a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
- Fluent in English, and ideally fluency in Japanese
The core principles that we’re looking for in an engineer, as far as writing good code goes, are clarity, simplicity, and defensiveness:
- Clarity: you can write clear code that any devs could read and understand in one go
- Simplicity: you can write gimmick-free and straightforward code with no ambiguities
- Defensiveness: you can cover edge cases and treat user inputs with care
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- A believer in the potential of the blockchain to revolutionize the lives of people who do and don’t have access to financial services
Life at OmiseGO
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At OmiseGO, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal to “Unbank the Banked”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards life at OmiseGO.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice, flexible, and remote-friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A healthcare plan or reimbursement for insurance expenses
- A MacBook Pro to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues