99.co is looking for a Design Intern to work closely alongside the design team to optimise UI/UX design planning and assist in developing backend processes to support product design. The intern will be well positioned to learn about designing for design systems, creating user experiences that are highly intuitive, while gaining exposure to the end to end process of a collaborative product design and development environment.
The role will also open doors for the intern to learn more about product design and the highly collaborative strategic design processes with our engineering team. Hence, you must be unafraid to learn aggressively while with us, be adept at understanding inter-departmental collaboration processes and most importantly have a stellar eye for detail.
We are looking at you if you are someone that is/has:
- a believer in the power of objective-driven design to influence desired behaviour
- highly collaborative and interested to work with a diverse group of passionate and curious people
- smart, hardworking, and proactive person that is not afraid to get stuff done unconventionally
- a clean design aesthetic and basic understanding/knowledge of how design and engineering impact each other
- an advocate of quality and polish in final solution
- inclined to pursue bold ideas, yet still willing listen intently to feedback and maintain flexibility
- averse to presenting something with easily preventable errors or that doesn't answer the requirements
- competent in managing multiple critical project timelines
- able to demonstrate basic understanding of wireframing – by thinking through various scenarios in exploration of reasonably polished solutions
- Bonus: able to display current online portfolio. Please provide a link in your application!
What you’ll be doing:
- take ownership of design library and assets on SketchApp
- learning about conceptual planning for design system
- tasked to improve backend design processes
- work with the design team to support UI/UX design efforts for new product launches
- assist the team to deliver on product timelines
- groomed for participation in product design and development processes
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $800.00 to $1,000.00 /month