99.co is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our diverse team of people who are passionate about taking the real estate industry properly into the age of technology through innovation and a desire to solve its multitude of challenges.
Analytical and results-driven, you will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Backend Engineer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
What you'll do:
- Design and write application APIs for our mobile and web platform
- Develop microservices that are consumed by our API backend and other microservices
- Partner with the wider product team to establish objectives and design more functional and cohesive codes to enhance user experience
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
What you are/have/will be:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and web works
- Proficiency in Java and PHP, Python is a +
- You are able to break a system into logical components, and build well-abstracted components
- You can't stand sloppy APIs, and you know when you should return 401 vs 403 vs 418
- You agree that code is for humans to read and only incidentally for computers to execute
- Able to conceive, convince, implement and maintain reasonable database schemas for our data
- You RTFM and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application