Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 180 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling.
As a young and fast-expanding organisation, we are looking to hire a SMB Sales Operations Lead to support our rapidly expanding global offices. Our values are ingrained in Carousell culture and the Sales Operations Lead embodies that to the core. He/She will play an active role in helping and coordinating activities, tasks and projects in support of both short and long-term People’s team objectives.
- Leading a team to prepare merchant documents, liaise with other teams on the merchant on boarding, renewal, termination, and other support processes.
- Managing presales/after-sales activities, including support, creation, and coordination of RFI and RFPs, and customer onsite visits, etc.
- Working with the Business and Finance teams on billing matters to ensure to bill merchants according to the agreement.
- Working with the Head of Sales Operations to develop, align, standardize and optimize processes across the region.
- You will deal with day-to-day queries from Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams on the CRM system, territories and generic sales operating procedures
- You will provide guidance and assist with deal structuring, pricing, non-standard order terms, etc.
- You will ensure deals are structured and processed efficiently and align to company policies
- You will produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as required
- You will work closely with Sales, Professional Services, Legal, Finance operations and Revenue Recognition teams on non-standard deals.
- You will document standard operating processes
- You will analyze sales team results and performance to goals. Report on trends (pipeline growth, win ratio, renewal rates etc) and identify opportunities for optimizing results.
- You will work with sales and service leadership to develop content for delivery during periodic in person or virtual team meetings, including sales successes, customer, new sales/service programs, new process
- A degree in business administration, marketing or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in media sales or B2B small business management
- Solid knowledge of user engagement, marketing and sales principles
- Proven success in hiring, growing, and managing sales teams
- Project management experience, including multitasking to run, lead or execute multiple time-sensitive projects in parallel
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Fluency with media sales monetisation metrics
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to communicate across all levels
- Resourceful, driven and a team player
- Bonus if you are a Carousell user
- Bonus if you have experience working in a startup environment before or in eCommerce
- A love of technical things and working knowledge of the fast paced start-up world
- A natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you