MoneySmart helps you maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content.
MoneySmart.sg is Singapore's #1 personal finance portal. We were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup in the list. http://www.hrmasia.com/content/revealed-top-start-ups-singaporeans-want-work
The company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions.
With multiple banks and insurers pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, we have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for - all in one place.
We are a market leader in Singapore and Indonesia and expanding fast into the region.
Your mission is to build a world class product management team of product managers, designers, UX specialists and data scientists all tied together by a genuine product culture of rapid testing and learning.
The role will require you to be able to distill, document and evangelise MoneySmart’s product vision, and that you know how to get things done in a agile and fast paced environment, using the latest and best practices across product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development.
In a Nutshell
- Build and lead a regional team of product managers, UX researchers, designers and analysts
- Coach, mentor and develop the very best capabilities in a team of product managers and analysts
- Support annual planning activities and engage in the development of strategic themes
- Lead quarterly planning activities and engage in the development of product strategies
- Develop and implement quarterly product roadmaps to provide a balance of business needs and customer/consumer experience priorities within the context of delivering MoneySmart’s strategic themes
- Lead ideation, development, launch, and iteration of approaches to improve revenue and user experience for our site across desktop, mobile and apps
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to assess market need and ensure products are competitive
- Influence stakeholders through constant evangelism to build cross-functional buy-in and commitment to a shared product vision
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Think multi-platform! We’re across online, mobile, video, social and events – so how can we build great products and content cleverly across all these mediums.
- Keep an ear out to our users through social networks, conversations with our sales team, events and face-to-face to continuously make improvements, get new ideas and get a better understanding of our consumers.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from identifying user needs, planning the business case to creating products and services that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Identify potential partnerships with external resources for product development, software/services.
- Take the initiative for delivering communications and conducting regular brainstorming across the organisation on product features, performance; acting as liaison for training needs as emerging products are launched
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development process and execution
- Strong analytical, business, project management, and organizational skills
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Passion for data, testing, and building a world-class customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to other key stakeholders, including partners and customers
- Passion for developing and nurturing people
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 8+ years product management experience
- 3+ years people leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of web standards in design and usability
- Understanding of SEA online/ mobile financial product comparison market and competitive landscape
- Expert in scrum and agile processes
- Expert in product development tools (i.e PivotalTracker, ProductPlan, Confluence) preferred
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Engage, disagree and commit
- Be humble
- Do more with less
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Stay hungry and take ownership