At the heart of Homage is making sure our seniors can have the option of remaining in the comfort of their own homes as they age. It’s something we want for ourselves, parents, and friends and we want to build the best type of service out there that can take care of that.
As a Homage Care Specialist, you will oversee an ensure quality and safety of care services provided by homage care professionals with the aim to impact the lives of the families and seniors we work with.
We are a fast-growing startup and we want to continue to ensure that the care services we provide to our seniors and their families are of highest standards, quality and safety, giving the families a peace of mind.
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on an on-demand basis to provide recipients with home nursing care and assistance with daily activities. Homage works with both private clients and public organizations alike to provide high quality caregiving to seniors.
The Care Specialist is part of the Care Operations and Quality team to plan, organize and direct home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The nurse is responsible for overseeing all clinical, safety and quality aspects of care delivery to the homes of Homage’s seniors from recruiting and supervision of care professionals to delivery of care. This position is part of the Care Operations & Quality team to ensure that the overall customer experience is seamless and of high quality.
- Support all clinical, safety and quality aspects of care delivery, following the standard protocols as defined by the Care Operations & Quality Team
- Conduct home care assessment and completes an initial assessment of senior and family to determine home care needs and provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es)
- Initiate the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change
- Regularly monitor and re-evaluates patient homecare, nursing needs, and as part of adhoc quality assurance visits
- Be part of the team to support onboarding session of Care Professionals
- Provide caregiving services during exigency situations
- Support training assignments which include competency tests for trainees
- Work as part of the Care Operations team to implement and monitor quality control and compliance procedures of all aspects of caregiving
- Support the Care Operations team in on-call duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years nursing experience in hospital ward setting
- Preferably post basic in geriatric care
- Have experience supervising and leading a team
- Must have valid be a registered nurse with APC for 2019 from LJM
- Must have valid BLS certified for 2019/2020
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to proactively identify areas of operational excellence with the Director, Care Operations & Quality and create solutions
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to converse and write in Bahasa Malaysia, English and bonus if Mandarin (and other dialects)
- Desire to make a big and positive impact
- Experience in home care preferred but not essential
- Poses own vehicle for care visits