OmiseGO is a subsidiary of Omise Holdings Pte. Ltd., is bringing to market a white-label mobile wallet platform that facilitates payment, loyalty and rewards, remittances and cross-wallet transactions. By enabling money to move in different ways, OmiseGO leverages blockchain technology to open up possibilities for new types of financial services for anyone, anytime, anywhere.
About the role
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team. At OmiseGO, you will play a critical role in helping us differentiate our products and services from our competitors and successfully win customers. The ideal candidate is ready to take initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and eager to work as a part of the engineering team and cross-functionally across the organization. You will be responsible for the front and back end web development. Your main focus will be to develop and improve the website.
What you will be doing
- Design, implement and improve front-end applications (website, eWallet Suite)
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle
- Prepare and produce releases of software component
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and product product features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies
- Clearly document everything you build
- Believe in the potential of the blockchain to revolutionize the lives of people who do and don’t have access to financial services
- Experienced in a backend web framework, Node.js or Ruby on Rails preferred
- Experienced in React
- Experienced in developing HTML/CSS
- Experience with tools such as Gatsby.js and Next.js appreciated
- Familiar with front-end tools, ex. Webpack npm, Yarn, etc.
- Can write clear code that any developers can read and understand in one go
- Can write gimmick-free and straightforward code with no ambiguities
- Can cover edge cases and treat user inputs with care
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Self-starter and ability to build from scratch and get things done
- Process-driven, articulate and meticulous with your work
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to communicate with confidence in English
Life at OmiseGO
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At OmiseGO, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal to “Unbank the Banked”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards a life at OmiseGO.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- 3 days per week of remote work
- A MacBook Pro to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues