Engineering Platform at Xendit
South Jakarta, ID
Build world class productive engineering team
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for Indonesia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in Indonesia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
We are building this team for keeping our developers productive so that they could focus on delivering business value with high velocity. For example, by embracing the culture of Infrastructure as a Code, developers do not need to think of infrastructure again because it is already abstracted into our platform and developers could just ship things easily
We are looking for experienced engineering platform to bring a raft of happiness and productivity for entire engineering team. You would be responsible for entire process from gathering requirements to building scalable and easy to use platform.
- You will bring happiness to our developers everytime!
- You will participate in reviewing and building our CI/CD system to provide developers a way to ship their things with high velocity and reliability
- You will cooperate with our customers (other Xendit developers) to understand their needs and pains so that you could build the right things for helping them
- You will enhance our development environment, which enable developers the testing their products in replica of xendit system
- You will create tools to provide developers fast and stable builds & tests
- You will write and manage infrastructure for developers to run testing (E2E test, user acceptance test, contract testing)
- You will become an developer productivity evangelist for your work so that you could share the culture and knowledge across teams in organization
- Security is our heart, you will devise tools for maintain security culture for entire organization
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
What have we done in the past
- Infrastructure for executing automated user acceptance test
- CLI tools for providing developers simpler way for shipping their things swiftly
- Culture and standard for accessing secrets towards organization across data centers
- Cloud based development environment using Kubernetes and Docker
- Pioneered collection of Infrastructure as a Code modules
You may be a good fit if
- You are a big fan of productivity, automation, and developer happiness!
- At least 1 year of industry experience as a software engineer
- Cloud infrastructure and container experience are strong plus
- You would love to communicate and collaborate within a team and across engineering team
- You are passionate in sharing best-practices and standards but opened for innovation and creativity based on rudimentary perspective
- You are ambitious (both technically and professionally)
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You communicate well across teams
- You have built payments infrastructure before is a plus
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia