Public Relations at Xendit
South Jakarta, ID
Building initiatives to gain positive sentiments from the public.
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for Indonesia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in Indonesia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
Public Relations helps us to develop strategies and leverage best efforts to establish good image and sentiments to key stakeholders and general public.
We have been very much focused in developing the best products that clients need and striving to enhance the payment infrastructure in Indonesia, and now we think it’s time to scale up on external facing efforts to introduce Xendit to the public.
You will be in the limelight and front line of Xendit’s troops. You’ll be either the face or mastermind of most external activities we’ll be doing.
You will mainly be in charge in building and maintaining Xendit’s image in public.
You’ll be responding to requests for information, conferences and other events and be responsible for the content preparation and spokesperson designation from the organization to ensure good communication with the public.
Set out roadmaps for 2019
Set out roadmaps for 2019
- Study and understand fully the organization’s objectives & needs to build public relations strategies that influence the target audience’s opinions
- Plan, organize and execute the set strategies in team
Research and prepare relevant content for external event participation
- Responsible from doing research until producing output in company’s preferred format
- Prepare and/or review content for every event participations or press releases
- In charge of the content of social media postings
Establish and maintain relationship with media and public interest groups
- Conduct series of roundtable with selected medias
- Build the knowledge and competence of Xendit through series of activities:
- Speaking engagement
- TechTalk series
- Sharing session, etc
Revamping digital assets
- To determine on what changes needed on every Xendit’s online asset
- To suggest and execute on what works needed to be done to revamp Xendit’s digital assets based on its needs
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- You have previously worked in numerous PR projects with proven track record
- You have an excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re willing to work harder than most and humble enough to learn from people much younger than you
- You have an existing network and relationship with both tech and general medias
- You possess good interpersonal skills to deal with both external and internal parties
- You are innovative, creative and have good work ethics
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You communicate well across teams
- You have the mindset of a strategist, with the personality of an executor
- You have the ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks
- You do not mind to get your hands dirty to get things done
- Bonus points if you’ve led a team for PR projects before
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia