We’re Omisians. And we’re firm believers that “payment acceptance” is fundamental to developing a successful business. We build tools and provide our clients with services that power more than just payments — helping them reach more buyers around the world, unlocking their fullest potential.
Our payment solution is simple to setup and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We take care of connecting and maintaining relationships with processors and acquirers which let our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
You will be responsible for revenue recognition and daily reconciliation of transactions processed in payment gateway of credit card, internet banking and alternative payment methods (Alipay, LinePay,…). This will entail managing merchant receivables, refunds, and chargebacks leading to validation of bank statements and balances. Monthly accounting entries for P&L, balance sheet and cash flows not required but must assist in supporting accounting team and should be well versed in reading and understanding financial statements.
He or she is responsible for working together with operations team in implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in alignment with financial policies and compliance requirements. In additional, general administration relating to reporting to support audit and local reporting requirements including tax reporting and delivery to government agencies and merchants and suppliers.
This position will report to the CFO and local accounting finance manager while working closely with accounting and operations.
What you will do
- Oversee cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Establish accounting operational strategies by working with platform development team, identifying requirement gaps, automating processes, and implementing change.
- Dispute resolution between external and internal systems to resolve discrepancies.
- Communicate with internal and external accounting to ensure monthly and annual reports are correct.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Verify the receipt/tax invoice against output tax report before delivery to merchants.
- Correct the receipt/tax invoice when the merchant request backward is due to the related documents are received belated.
- Delivery of the receipt/tax invoice to merchants by requested channels.
- Assure that all invoices from suppliers or partners are accurate before executed payment then arranging the withholding tax certificates to them and following the receipts from them on time.
- Assist in the preparation daily bank statement for bank reconciliation and recording reports by daily and monthly as needed.
- Assist in the preparation the related documents that the bank requested such as memos letters and other documents when we need applying a variety of bank's services.
- Assist with in office functions such as filing, scanning and delivering documents, or contacting banks as needed.
- Match invoice, receipt and other payment document properly before sending them to record.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide requested finance documentation as approved for sharing.
Degree/Licenses: Undergraduate Degree, Accounting or Finance related preferred.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of combined accounting/controller experience within a multinational business
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in banking. payment processing, or credit card industry is a plus
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with Xero accounting entry system a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Fluency in Thai (written & spoken)
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards a life at Omise.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A MacBook to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues