Quality Assurance Lead at Xendit
South Jakarta, ID
Assuring the utmost quality across all Xendit products
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for Indonesia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in Indonesia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
We’re looking for a strong individual, with a knack for seeking truth, consistency, and excellence, to support and maintain quality amongst all of our products at Xendit.
In order to increase and maintain a consistent product quality, we are beginning to assemble a dedicated Quality Assurance team. This alows us the capacity for more rigorous and full-featured testing, and higher confidence when developing. Quality assurance is no easy task, and we’re looking for dedicated, motivated individuals who take pride and pleasure in pointing out inconsistency and fault, and can proactively communicate these issues before they come to a head. The reach and purpose at the core of Xendit’s mission requires an adherence to only the highest quality work, for the benefit of our customers, and Indonesia as a whole.
- Plan testing roadmaps based on product definitions.
- Build out and deploy testing code to increase the quality of product releases.
- Analyze and critique patterns of error-prone development
- Write procedures for developers to follow to facilitate higher quality.
- Create tracking metrics for quantifying quality, over time.
- Listen to user complaints and issues, and integrate these into better testing to protect them in the future.
- Help assemble and lead a team of Quality Assurance analysts and engineers to assume ownership of quality as a whole.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- They should be able to put themselves in the shoes of a user, to understand not only how they think from their perspective, but why they think in that way.
- Able to clearly and succinctly communicate issues.
- Unfraid to speak up when required, to point out missteps and mistakes, to benefit the team.
- They must become experts in the product they are assuring the quality of, including the technologies involved, up and down the system.
- They should be able to remember and see patterns of similar quality issues.
- They should be able to imagine workflows that developers, managers, or users may not have thought of.
- They should assist in reimaging ways to reduce quality issues.
- They should have basic technical experience, and be comfortable with reading and writing basic code as part of testing infrastructure.
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself.
- You communicate well across teams.
- The ideal candidate would be able to point out the 3 typos on this job description on the first read through.
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Master honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Excellence: Take on challenges willingly. You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- Positive Attitude: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions.
- Remarkability: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. Customers say 'Wow' when you deliver.
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia