About the Position:
As a Behavioral Science Manager, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of behavioral and psychometric data collection in the LenddoEFL application, including feature engineering, usability and UX design, and other advancements in LenddoEFL’s use of its proprietary data for prediction purposes. You will be driving the next generation of features that advance LenddoEFL’s prediction capabilities. You will also own LenddoEFL’s external research partnerships with leading advisors in the field. These relationships provide a platform for incubating new R&D ideas and translating them into usable modules that generate features that predict credit risk.
1. Advance the role of applied behavioral science research in LenddoEFL’s product R&D
- Deepen and initiate relationships with third-party behavioral science and psychometrics researchers.
- Identify, select, and recruit independent consultants for tactical engagements to validate behavioral and psychometric concepts and methodologies.
- Manage ideation, design, and development of field-based validation of new module prototypes; write technical documentation on new modules and features to hand off to Product and Engineering teams. Co-manage new module development timelines with product team leaders.
- Work with Chief Risk & Analytics Officer, Head of Modeling and rest of executive leadership team on behavioral science and psychometrics road mapping/planning and in new module and feature development; own execution of team goals against R&D roadmap.
- Validate, adapt and upgrade R&D roadmaps through client visits.
- Define and coordinate with the Marketing Team external facing communications
- Pro-actively drive Behavioral Science understanding across the company and with LenddoEFL clients
3. R&D Data Analytics
- Design and manage collaboration between members of the modeling team to develop and validate predictive features (variables, indices, and traits) in LenddoEFL datasets based on expert knowledge of the behavioral science behind user interactions with LenddoEFL’s modules.
- Design and implement a strategy to make Feature Engineering a repeatable, efficient team function (for all available datasets); manage development roadmap of LenddoEFL Score Confidence system to protect data quality via real-time flagging system.
- Prioritize and manage regular exploratory analyses on Social / Mobile, or any new data sets for trends and potential predictive power, in accordance with business objectives and R&D roadmap.
4. Module Definitions
- Continue to standardize application designs decisions; provide critical input and materials to Global Delivery Team to determine behavioral module design for new and existing partner launches.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of technical specifications of new behavioral content modules, the definition of raw data structure and terminology to Product, Engineering, Global Delivery, and Marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, economics, psychology, behavioral science, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing end-to-end research and development processes, preferably in behavioral science, predictive analytics, and/or behavioral finance.
- Proven experience in data manipulation. Some level of expertise in a statistical package such as R (desired), SAS, Octave, NumPy, Modelbuilder, SPSS, Matlab, Stata, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. You will need to interact well with many LenddoEFL stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
- Masters or PhD, or equivalent work experience producing rigorous research in a relevant area of study.
- Team and people management experience.
- Credit risk experience.
- Any level of experience with Spanish.