Data Analysts at TradeGecko perform in depth analysis focused on transforming TradeGecko strategic decisions and operations by creating advanced analytics and cognitive rationale into the fabric of our work. The team members are responsible for understanding the incorrigible challenges in our organisation, establish new and advanced predictive & statistical models to solve identified problems and partner with other functional teams to implement the models into new processes of activity that create measurable business value. Our data analysts will need a blend of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to efficiently iterate hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project all the way to scaling. Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
This is an incredible opportunity for a highly motivated Sr. data analyst who is passionate about providing impactful business analysis. You will need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to ensure high data quality/integrity all the while working cross-functionally to provide the information critical for business decision-making. You will own all the different data sources/domains, provide detailed analysis on a recurring basis as well as propose and implement solutions to enhance data quality, data consistency and efficiency.
- You will be the company expert in using data to measure and analyze business performance in each of our customer segments, geographies, product and sales channels.
- You will work with multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to solve team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies. You will work in iterative processes with the multi-functional team and validate findings. You will identify and / or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modeling as required.
- You are expected to be effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve TradeGecko’s business results. Business and domain knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multifunctional team. Your job is to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive.
- Perform Weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis to monitor the performance of the business, to identify risk and to discover potential business opportunities.
- Partner with management and operational teams to deep dive on core issues and use data to find answers.
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis, to drill down on certain business challenges, providing conclusions and advice based on data analysis.
- Engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of TG to resolve problems, and advising junior team members on technical aspects of modeling.
- Love, eat and breathe data! Expect to ‘get your hands dirty’
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics
- Strong programming skills in R or Python
- Experience with AWS, building classification models, time series analysis
- Excellent understanding of data architecture implementation and optimisation
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical / predictive modelling and hypothesis testing
- Shell scripting experience, including familiarity with awk and/or sed
- Experience solving data engineering tasks (e.g., data collection via APIs, setting up data pipelines, etc.)
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as data analyst, working experience in business performance analysis reporting, data analysis, with independent thoughts and insight.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Results and detail oriented with a strong emphasis on problem solving
- Has strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and possesses an interest in start-up companies and/or entrepreneurship
- SQL Guru, Strong MS Excel
- SaaS or tech experience is an asset
- Takes initiative to problem-solve quickly and with minimal disruption
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
We’re always being asked how we’ve gotten such quick traction in the market and the answer is simple….we hire relentlessly resourceful individuals, hackers, freethinkers and people that make it their mission to make our customers even more awesome.
TradeGecko is fast becoming one of the faces of Singapore technology. Join one of the region’s growing startups and we’ll give you the tools, competitive package and surround you with the smartest coworkers.