Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to Data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Build and manage a team of talented data scientists/machine learning engineers to deliver impact
- Establish and nurture a high performing machine learning/AI culture in partnership with CTO
- Provide expertise on concepts for machine learning and applied analytics and inspire the adoption of machine learning across the breadth of our organization
- Coach and mentor individual data scientists/machine learning engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- Initiate high impact machine learning projects and with actionable outcomes
- Partner with product/engineering to deliver machine learning models in production environment to end users
- Contribute to strategic planning in areas of immediate responsibility and across data science
- 5+ years experience as a data scientist/machine learning engineer
- 3+ years experience in a data science/engineering leadership or management role
- Track record of shipping several large scale machine learning projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Experience building and managing a team of talented data scientists/machine learning engineers to deliver impact
- Experience in neural networks, logistic regression, recommender systems or any large scaled machine learning systems