MoneySmart helps you maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content.
MoneySmart.sg is Singapore's #1 personal finance portal. We were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup in the list. http://www.hrmasia.com/content/revealed-top-start-ups-singaporeans-want-work
The company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions.
With multiple banks and insurers pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, we have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for - all in one place.
We are a market leader in Singapore and Indonesia and expanding fast into the region.
Your mission is to deliver software as part of a world class software development team within a genuine product culture of rapid testing and learning.
As a Technology Team Lead, you will facilitate, mentor and implement modern software development practices across your development teams. You will define, develop, test and deliver software products to the highest standards.
Your close alignment with the Product team will allow the business to rapidly innovate and experiment, and your architectural choices will represent current best practices with a view across the horizon at developing trends.
In a Nutshell
- Elevate the regional team of software developers
- Execute to the highest standards across the entire software development lifecycle including feature planning and estimation, automated testing, development, deployment and user acceptance testing
- Create processes that work for the team
- Help hire, onboard and retain top talent in the company
- Make sure code being written is in accordance to the principles agreed on by the team
- Find new ways to make the development process easier and consistent
- Facilitate conversation around coding standards and best practices
- Decide the platform and contribute to the overall technology design and architecture
- See the big picture and help steer the development to support that
- Help prioritise the team’s efforts
- Grow the technical leadership in the team
- Make sure the team is writing good specs & ensure the product quality is constantly going up
- Facilitate the timely delivery of products
- Work with the product team to clearly define the teams capabilities and organise work
- People management, identify what drives each of the team members
- Identify and escalate performance issues in the team
- Expert on modern software development with a preference for Agile methods
- Deep understanding of the internet and the technology that powers it
- Accurate estimator who understands the complexities of a multi-skilled team
- Expert software developer with a passion for the web and its underlying technologies
- Strong analytical, business, project management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Passion for data, testing, and building a world-class customer experience
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be Humble
- Stay Hungry
- Do more with less
- Customer first
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Engage, Disagree and Commit
- 7+ years software engineering experience
- Expert in PHP & JS, with extensive experience developing Wordpress sites
- Understanding and worked on WordPress Plugins
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong advocate for automated software testing
- Knowledge of latest developments in software development
- Deep knowledge of web standards, design and usability
- Understanding SEO guidelines is a plus