MoneySmart helps you maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content.
MoneySmart.sg is Singapore's #1 personal finance portal. We were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup in the list. http://www.hrmasia.com/content/revealed-top-start-ups-singaporeans-want-work
The company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions.
With multiple banks and financial institutions pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, we have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for - all in one place.
We are a market leader in Singapore and expanding fast into the region.
Your mission is to build software as part of a world class software development team within a genuine product culture of rapid testing and learning.
As a QA Lead, you will facilitate, mentor and implement modern software testing practices across your teams. You will define, develop, test and deliver software products to the highest standards.
Your close alignment with the Product team will allow the business to rapidly innovate and experiment, and your choices will represent current best practices with a view across the horizon at testing trends.
In a Nutshell
- Elevate the regional team of QA Engineers.
- Understand the functional and technical requirements of the project/product.
- Dive into business domains to help teams analyze, test and build quality software.
- Define and strategize the product release with acceptable quality.
- Demonstrate and have good coding practices which augment development in Test-driven Development.
- Own and drive test automation coverage (along with the development team) for the functional testing of the product.
- Work in a forward thinking, open source-centric environment.
- Advocate Agile testing practices and own QA deliverables.
- Work towards minimizing the regression testing time with efficient test automation at various level of the product architecture
- Collaborate with different team members across the program to make sure quality is embedded in both processes and technology
- Expert on modern software development with a preference for Agile methods
- Deep understanding of the internet and the technology that powers it
- Accurate estimator who understands the complexities of a multi-skilled team
- Expert QA with a passion for the web and its underlying technologies
- Strong analytical, business, project management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Passion for data, testing, and building a world-class customer experience
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be Humble
- Stay Hungry
- Do more with less
- Customer first
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Engage, Disagree and Commit
- 7+ years of experience in inspiring and leading Automation and Manual testing teams using tools like Selenium and delivering complex technical products with high quality, which includes working in fast-paced startup(s).
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed institution.
- Experience leading QA engineers in building and maintaining test beds, developing automated tests, triaging failures and working with dev/QA teams on debugging
- Good understanding of quality metrics and how to use them to quantify release quality
- Experience implementing QA best practices: Bug scrubs, code reviews, test strategy development, SW release process etc.
- Experience in using open source test tools and test frameworks
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
- Experience in practices like behavior-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Spike and learn new test tools depending on various project recommendations.
- Experience in Performance Testing and establishing the benchmark.