OmiseGO, a subsidiary of Omise, is bringing to market a white-label mobile wallet platform that facilitates payment, loyalty and rewards, remittances and cross-wallet transactions. By enabling money to move in different ways, OmiseGO leverages blockchain technology to open up possibilities for new types of financial services for anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Why we need you
We are looking for an experienced backend developer(s) who possess passion for pushing mobile payment and e-wallet limits. You will work as a part of a team of engineers, and collaborate with cross-disciplinary business professionals and stakeholders, to design and build the next generation of mobile solution. You will also be working closely with OmiseGO blockchain team to ensure smooth integration between the blockchain and eWallet SDK.
What you will do
- Design, build and maintain open-source backend Elixir applications
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle
- Prepare and produce releases of software component
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and produce product features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Maintain crisp and clear technical documentation
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies
The core principles that we’re looking for in a developer, as far as writing good code goes, are clarity, simplicity and defensiveness:
- Clarity: you can write clear code that any devs could read and understand in one go
- Simplicity: you can write gimmick-free and straightforward code with no ambiguities
- Defensiveness: you can cover edge cases and treat user inputs with care
As the best person for this position, you should go out of your way to teach your peers as well as being eager to learn new things. The team also greatly values developers who can read and understand code efficiently and provide helpful feedback. In short, you must be comfortable reviewing other people’s code.
- eager to learn new things
- comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- write applications using Elixir
- write test for your code
- write consistent code
- work in team
- communicate with confidence in English
- handle responsibilities
Life at OmiseGO
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At OmiseGO, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal to “Unbank the Banked”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards a life at OmiseGO.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- 3 days per week of remote work
- A MacBook Pro to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues